Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 17, 2009

10W4D Update



The crown-to-rump length of your developing baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches. It is now easier to tell how much the baby weighs since he is beginning to put on some weight. Your baby weighs approximately 5 grams and is the size of a small plum! The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has disappeared now. Your baby's tiny feet are fully formed and shaped and could stand on an adult's fingernail. Your baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed. External genitalia are not apparent until next week, but a male's testes will already be producing testosterone.

The baby's eyelids are fused now and the irises are developing. Your baby will begin to get baby teeth, fingernails, toenails and hair follicles this week, too.

I seem to be regaining my appetite, though I have a hard time identifying what I want to eat. The other night we went out to dinner and I couldn't stand my former favorite food - French fries! The more full I stay, the less nauseous I get, but it's hard to do.

I think I can feel my uterus just above the top of my pubic bone. It feels hard to the touch under the skin. It's encouraging to feel and see changes in my body because it helps me to think things are progressing along properly.

I started a baby registry today. I'm not really sure of everything I need to add to it, but for now, I put some things I think we will need, as well as some really cute sleep sacks! I also learned of a site where you can create one registry and add items from many different websites. This way, you don't have to create a registry for one or two things on ten different sites. It's called www.myregistry.com

On Monday we will see the midwife and, G-d Willing, hear our  baby's heartbeat for the first time! I am so excited for this day. I wish we could get another ultrasound so we can see what Mungee looks like, but I think we have to wait until 18 weeks.

Being able to count in the double digits and say I was 10 weeks pregnant this week has been awesome!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails