Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This is a bit belated but I wanted to stop to take a moment to recall all the blessings I am thankful for this year.  I often forget to reflect on these things, instead focusing on the Thanksgiving meal, but I know that is not what it is all about.

I am thankful for:
-our precious Mungee, who is growing and changing before our eyes everyday
-the ability to breastfeed Mungee and not giving up when it was too painful
-being able to stay home to raise Mungee
-my strong immune system
-having our immediate family close by so they can share in watching Mungee accomplish exciting milestones
-the love our family and friends show for Mungee
-my midwives and the nurses and staff at the hospital who helped Mungee come into this world and made sure she was healthy and strong
-DH for many reasons:
*giving us a beautiful daughter who he loves more than anything
*working hard to support and provide for us while I stay home with Mungee
*putting up with my "occasional" mental and emotional breakdowns
*the love that he has for our daughter
*never balking at a diaper change
*his humor, imagination and creativity
-being a homeowner, regardless of the fact that our house is bursting at the seams
-coupons that help us save money
-another year with Grammy and Nanny & Grampa
-my brother and new sister-in-law who were married this year
-never going hungry or without basic needs being met
-recognizing that I need to learn to let go of the small things so I don't get overwhelmed
-the Gators' winning season
-the DVR
-finally getting into the habit of flossing (because of it, my dentist says my gums look the best they have in years!)
-the crockpot
-being only a couple inches from buttoning pre-pregnancy jeans
-Chonkers cat (Luna) and the short time we got to spend with The Liger

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails