Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

5 Month Letter

Dear Mungee,

You are 5 months old! Sometimes the individual days seem to drag on, yet here we are, 5 months after the day you were first laid upon my chest.

You rolled over 6-7 times the day before you turned 5 months old but you haven't rolled over since then. I asked you if you were going to roll over on your 5 month birthday and a few minutes later you actually rolled over. It was 9 am on Saturday, January 16, 2010 and both Daddy and I witnessed this milestone.

You have become a lot more vocal: You like to lay on our bed and yell at the ceiling fan. You have learned how to screech. You also spit like a pit viper. You laugh often and give yourself the hiccups.

You like to swat at the “baby in the mirror”. You reach out to touch your other baby friends. You reach out to grab at our faces when we are changing your diaper. Sometimes we think you're trying to give us a hug.

You like to sit in my lap while I am on the computer and pound on the keyboard. Your newest trick is grabbing the placemat and trying to pull the entire laptop off the table.

You blow spit bubbles when you're tired ... like you're trying to comfort yourself.

You have a horrible case of eczema and we are working on trying to treat and manage it. It makes you very uncomfortable and you pull, scratch and rip at your skin. We were going to start you on rice cereal and other solids when you turned 5 months old, but because of your eczema, your doctor suggested that we wait until you are 6 months old. You seem interested in food, as you stare at us longingly when we're eating and you're in your highchair during dinner.

You don't like to take naps in your crib. If I am holding you and get you to fall asleep by swaying, if I lay you down, you'll wake up quite unhappy. You nap better in your carseat when we're out and about. You have a tendency to fall asleep while you're in your carseat when I am shopping or out to lunch or dinner. You'll also nap if I am wearing you in the Moby Wrap, but that limits my mobility and hurts my back after a while. Next month we will probably start nap training.

We start your nighttime routine around 9 pm, sometimes a little later. I have to nurse you to get you to go to sleep. Most nights you are asleep around 10 pm and you will sleep through the night until 6:30 to 7 am. Sometimes after I nurse you in the morning, I lay you back down in the bed with me and we sleep in a little longer. Sometimes we get up and get our day started.

You long to be more mobile and a lot of your screeching occurs when you can't get where you want to go. Have patience because it won't be long until we aren't able to keep up with you.

We love you with all our hearts and don't remember what life was like before you. Our lives began when you entered this world.



Love, Mommy and Daddy

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails