Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 30, 2009

DIY Bird Mobile for Mungee's Room



I was browsing etsy and saw a cute bird mobile so I decided would try to make one myself and headed to Michael's. I was planning to use the pattern from the fabric spool birds to just cut out scrapbook paper, but then I found precut birds. They sold them in a pack of 12 for $2.99. I bought a couple packs of scrapbook paper, ribbon and some Mod Podge glue. I still have 4 birds left, so I'm going to try and use them on another project.

I also got a large bird that is attached to a pen holder. I think I am going to do something similar to the mobile with it, but I'm not sure what I'll use it to hold since the container portion isn't that big. Maybe I'll put in a cute silk gerbera daisy, drill a hole in the back and use it as a wall hanging.

With regard to using the wreath, that wasn't my first choice. First I found circular metal rings, but then I found two wooden craft rings with precut holes, so I put back the metal rings. I thought I would spray paint the wooden craft rings cream, but then decided the larger one was too big and that I would take it back. It was upon that return trip that I convinced myself a wreath would look best. I used practically a whole can of spray paint on it to get it the color that I wanted.

Overall, it was a fun project and I am anxious to see what else I can make. It really was my first attempt at craftiness in a LONG time :) I've shared pictures of the finished products with some friends and have received several compliments and suggestions that I make these to sell!

I can't wait to see the mobile once the room has been painted and the blinds and curtains are up!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails