Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 12, 2009

22W5D Update

Dear Mungee,

You are now about 11 inches long from head to toes and weigh in at one pound. Your lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and you're even developing tiny tooth buds beneath your gums. Your eyes have formed, but your irises still lack pigment - will you have my greenish-blue eyes or daddy's brown eyes?

You have fine hair called lanugo covering your body, as well as deep wrinkles. You need to fill those in with fat. Your pancreas is developing steadily.

I am feeling you move more often throughout the day, not just mostly at night. Daddy felt you move yesterday, finally! I put his hand on my belly and as soon as you kicked, he went "Oh, whoa!" So I knew that he really felt you that time and wasn't just saying that he did to make me feel better.

I seem to be eating a lot more these days and I have put on a total of 15 pounds. About 9 of those pounds apparently were gained in just 4 weeks. My midwife said I was doing okay and that she wasn't worried about my weight gain, but that I should probably switch from whole to 2% milk. I can handle that.

At my last appointment, they measured fundal height for the first time. The fundus is the top of the uterus and this week, I think it's about 1-2 inches above my belly button. Typical height corresponds to the number of weeks of pregnancy and I was on track. 22 centimeters for 22 weeks.

At the next appointment (25w, 2d) I will have the glucose tolerance screening. I drink a sugary drink and then wait an hour and my finger is pricked to draw blood. If I fail that test, it could mean I am at risk for gestational diabetes. I hope that isn't the case!

I cannot believe I have completed more weeks of pregnancy than I have left. We have a lot to get done around the house in anticipation of your arrival. Your room is primed and the chair rail and wainscoting are up. They need to be finished off and then we'll paint (well, Daddy will paint and Mommy will supervise). I need to clean our junk out of your closet and make it truly yours. We will also have to pick out a crib and changing table for you. We had a crib but we found out that it had been recalled so we're going to get a voucher from the company and buy you a new one.

We love you and are very much looking forward to meeting you in 17-18 weeks!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails