Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seriously?

Is the universe conspiring against me?

Tuesday morning, Mungee fell asleep a bit late for her morning nap and was still asleep at 11 am, which is when I normally get her ready to go to MyGym.  She hadn't been sleeping for that long and I really didn't want to wake her up, so I decided we would go to a makeup class next week.  Of course, she winds up waking up at 11:15, after I'd already emailed MyGym to tell them we wouldn't be there.  There just wasn't enough time to get her out of her pajamas, change her diaper, get her dressed, nurse her and get to class by 11:30.

Wednesday morning, Mungee decided to only take an hour-long nap and woke up at 10.  In a sense this was okay with me because it gave us plenty of time to get ready to go to story time at Whole Foods at 11, which we typically miss because naps typically last until that time.  At 10:45, I load Mungee up in the car, drive 10-15 minutes to Whole Foods, walk into story time about 5 minutes late and pretty much as soon as we sit down, I hear the story teller ask the kids if they want to sing one last song before they get their snack and get sent on their way.  Huh?  Story time normally lasts until 11:30 and it was barely 11:15.  As we left, I asked if story time had changed and it had not, but the room was needed that day for a meeting.  Figures, the day we make it up there, this would happen.  Since I was there, I had to get a pumpkin scone.  And a blueberry scone.  And some Larabars.  And Mungee got some cookies.  I digress.  

We left Whole Foods and went over to CVS/pharmacy to fill a new prescription that I received (a prescription to make mommy "happier").  Since it was the first time I was taking this particular medication, the pharmacist needed to counsel me.  He said it would probably take about 3-4 weeks to get into my system and might make me drowsy so I should take it at night.  I remembered to take it around 10:30 or whenever it was that I was going to bed.  I woke up around 2 a.m., completely nauseated.  The first side effect listed on the pamphlet?  Nausea.  Lovely.  I think I fell back asleep after an hour or so, but didn't sleep well.  

Thursday morning I woke up around 7, still feeling awful and the nausea had escalated to dizziness, hot flashes and finally dry heaves.  (Perhaps I should have heeded the warning on the bottle not to drink alcohol when taking the medicine.  In my defense, I didn't even have a full beer and it was at least three hours before I took that pill!)  I'm not sure if I like the idea of mentally feeling better at expense of physically feeling like I got hit by a truck.  Or maybe I'll be happier and won't give a sh*t, who knows?

So Thursday, during Mungee's morning nap, instead of taking a shower, which I didn't do at all Wednesday, by the way, I decided to lay down in hopes that I would start to feel better.  It would have been a good idea to take a nap myself, but instead I opted to catch up with my Google Reader via phone.  (Side note: Some of my favorite blogs aren't offering full RSS feeds and it stinks that I can't read them from my phone.  So if you want to change them to full feeds, that would be cool.  Thank you in advance).  Where was I going with this?

Okay, so again, Mungee decides to take an hour-long nap and wakes up at 10.  Excellent, we can make it to Mother Goose story time at the library at 10:30.  I take a quick shower, dry off, get dressed and make a *mediocre* attempt to look presentable by running a comb through my hair and throwing it in a ponytail.  I get Mungee out of her crib, check her diaper and it's not that wet, so I don't change it and get her dressed.  We're in the car and pulling out of the driveway by 10:25.  We arrive at the library a few minutes after 10:30, hurry inside and go to the community room.  Where the doors are locked.  Story time?  Has moved to Tuesday.

Friday we're supposed to have a play date with Jenn and Turtle from Three Pugs & a Baby and Elizabeth and her daughter from The Writer Revived.  We're meeting at a children's museum at 10:30.  Maybe I should call to make sure they'll be open.

********************
This post is linked to the Nerd Mafia's Word Up, Yo! meme


header 150x150
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails