Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Cut or Not to Cut? That is the Question


My hair and I?  We are at war.  It is winning.

I always wear my hair in a ponytail.  I don't think Mungee would recognize me if I wore it down.  Even before Mungee was born and I actually had time to style my hair I wore it this way most of the time.  It just doesn't feel right to wear it down.  I mess with it too much.  I'm constantly trying to flatten it because I'm afraid it's sticking out a foot from my head on each side.


My morning (or afternoon, depending on when I get to shower) routine consists of running a brush through my hair, while it's wet, and pulling it back.  This has caused my hair to rebel in a few ways.  First, I've got this terrible build up of ... well, I don't know what it is ... on my scalp, that I can't get rid of, no matter how much I wash.  One hairstylist told me it's because I wear it back all the time so it's basically like I have a wet towel sitting on my head all day.

I've read it's normal to lose about 50 to 100 hairs over the course of a day.  I'm pretty sure I lose close to 500.  And that's just while I'm washing and conditioning it.  DH complains that I take way too long in the shower and it's true ... I have to gather all the hair that falls out of my head, ball it up and stick it on the wall so it won't clog up the drain.  Honestly, if I didn't have to do this, it would probably cut my shower time in half.

Don't get me started on DH's reaction if I accidentally forget to throw away the hairball.  You'd think he was handling the plague the way he shields his hand with a piece of toilet paper and cringes when he grabs it.   Sometimes I chase after him with it because I am immature loving like that.

At least I don't save it and do this:

 Image source

Anyhoo, I am thisclose to cutting it so short that it's simply impossible to pull back.  I'm hesitant though because I live in Florida where the humidity is approximately eleventy-billion percent on any given day.  Seriously, I could straighten one side, move on to the other side and by the time that was straight, the first side would have curled up again.  I don't want to look like Little Orphan Annie, cute as she may be.



So, what would you do if you were me?  

And would you go to a stylist friend, who you might resent for letting you cut off your hair if you don't like it, or worse, might refuse to cut it because they know you won't be happy with the results?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails