Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mungee's First Days - Part 4 - The Conclusion (Days 7-15 and a few other random days)

Sunday, August 23, 2009 – Day 7













 
Today, our visitors included Mungee's Uncle J, Grandma Bebe, and Poppy Buzzy.

We had a pretty rough night last night.  Mungee was so hungry!  I may have gotten an hour or two of sleep total, but I doubt it.  As of 1 p.m. today, Mungee has been asleep most of the day and I have a feeling she will be up all night.

Earlier I was napping and I could hear DH in the den with Mungee.  He asked her "What is your first word going to be?"*  I said to myself "Mommy", just as I heard him say "Mommy?"  So cool to be on the same wavelength.

***
Monday, August 24, 2009 – Day 8
Mungee is one week old!



















Today we were visited by DH's cousin and her twin girls, and our friends S & C.

Last night I changed Mungee's pee diaper and as soon as I was finished she decided to poop.**
Mungee seems to really enjoy her Fisher-Price Beautiful Garden bouncer.

We had a better night last night and I actually got a 3-hour stretch of sleep.

I've been pumping every couple hours in order to make sure we have a bottle ready for when Mungee is hungry.  Things also seem to be going better with nursing.

***

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 – Day 9


















1st pediatrician appointment at 2:10 p.m.  Mungee weighed in at 8 lb, 9 oz.  Looking good!

At 9:27 a.m., Mungee smiled and laughed in her sleep.

I have made up a new song:
Mommies have boobies
and boobies have milk
and babies LOVE TO DRINK milk!

1:25 p.m. - I was washing dishes and DH brought Mungee to me and said he was not sure if she pooped and held her up to my nose and clearly she HAD pooped.  I said "You did that on purpose!" and he said "Nooo, I would never do that", as he was smiling.***

2:45 p.m. - When we got back from Mungee's pediatrician appointment, it was raining, so we drove around the neighborhood, then pulled into the driveway.  We sat in the car for a few minutes and then DH ran inside to get the umbrella.  When he came back to the car, the rain had stopped and we went inside.  A few moments later it started raining again.  It's like G-d let the rain stop so we could get inside without Mungee getting wet.

Poppy Buzzy visited tonight and gave Mungee a bit of her bottle and then she fell asleep.

We're trying to keep Mungee awake and stimulated so she will sleep better tonight.

People always say they miss being pregnant and I never really knew what they meant until now.  One minute you're inside me where I sense that you're safe and I can take care of you and the next minute you're in the world, outside of my body and completely vulnerable and rely on us to give you all you need.  I hope we can do it.

***

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 – Day 10














Visitors: Grandma Bebe and Great-Grandma Gigi for lunch and The W family brought us lasagna for dinner.

We were eating lunch and my mom (Bebe) asked how often Mungee ate and I said about every hour and she said I was like Chinese food to you (because one is often hungry again an hour after eating it).  DH started suggesting Chinese dishes like Kung Pao, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and Cream of Sum Yung.  I started cracking up and Gigi asked what was so funny and I just said "Oh, DH's facial expressions".

I got DH back today by telling him I wasn't sure if Mungee pooped so he smelled her bottom (she had pooped three times).***

***

Thursday, August 27, 2009 – Day 11














Quiet day today, no visitors.  I spend much of the day creating an input-output tracker and filling in all Mungee's prior info.  Probably not the best use of my time since I meant to leave the house to get some much needed baby items.****

Mungee is ravenously hungry and DH is worried that she is not getting enough milk from me when I breastfeed.  I am only pumping about half the amount I should be.

***

Friday, August 28, 2009 – Day 12


















I got out of the house today by myself for a few hours.  I went to Target and Babies 'R Us at the Town Center.  I felt so unfocused and then was exhausted when I got home.  A few minutes later, my friend C came to visit.  Mungee was breastfeeding so I used my cover to stay discreet.

Tomorrow DH and I are going out to dinner.  He made the arrangements and I don't know where we are going.  Bebe is going to babysit.

***

Saturday, August 29, 2009 – Day 13















I got up with Mungee from 5:40 - 10:40 a.m.  Afterward, DH took over and I took a much needed nap.  Buzzy brought us lunch today.  It's date night.  Bebe and Papa J are babysitting.

***

Sunday, August 30, 2009 – Day 14














Uncle S and Aunt L visited Mungee for the first time.  We took lots of pictures and Aunt L fed her a bottle.

We gave Mungee a "sponge bath" today for the first time at home.*****  She was not pleased during, but seemed to be happy afterward.  She got us back that evening by pooping so much that it went up her legs and then peeing on the changing pad and getting it all over her back and head.

***

Monday, August 31, 2009 – Day 15
















Mungee is 2 weeks old today and had her two week checkup with Dr. T.  She weighs 9 lb, 5 oz, is 22 3/4 inches, and her head circumference is 14 inches.  Her next appointment is on September 18.  She had a massive poop while at the doctor's office.
After her doctor's appointment, we took her to Rib Shack.  It was her first public outing, aside from the doctor's office.******

I took Mungee out for a walk around the neighborhood in her travel system around 6:45 p.m.

***

Other random tidbits from Mungee's first days:

Saturday, September 5, 2009 - Umbilical stump fell off!
Monday, September 7, 2009 - First tub bath

Wednesday, September 16, 2009














Over the last few days, Mungee is really starting to interact with us more.  She has definite periods of "alert active" and she likes us to make faces at her.  She's definitely smiling from time to time and I don't think it's gas because it's after she's pooed.  She can follow our faces with her eyes and she turns her head.  She is holding her head up more and for longer periods of time.

***

These are my current thoughts:

*Her first word was actually burp, pronounced "bup".
**We apparently started the trend early of frequently noting her bodily functions.
***We still do this to each other and find it just as humorous as the first time.
****I wonder what I needed.
*****Ew, seriously, we didn't wash her for two weeks?
******It was also the first place I REALLY felt her kick.

***

View previous recaps of Mungee's first days:
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails