Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 7, 2010

An Anomoly or a Break for Mommy?

I'm hesitant to say anything for fear that it may have been a fluke, but yesterday, Mungee took two 1.5+ hour naps in her crib and slept through the night.  DH put her to bed (which is spectacular since I've been nursing her to sleep for months) so I could go to the 2nd Annual National Mom's Nite Out at my local mall.

I met up with my mom and we sampled some items from the few vendors who were set up in the center court of the mall.  It was hardly transformed into "mom central" as the event listing had put it.  I had planned on going by myself, which would have wound up being pretty boring, so I'm lucky my mom decided to meet me there.

What trip to the mall would be complete without some retail therapy?  We headed to NY&Company, which is having a 50% off the entire store sale through this weekend.  I tried on several pairs of shorts and some camisoles (mine are all way too short and ride up over my post-baby blump  - bump, lump, whatever you want to call it).  After picking out what I wanted, my mom suggested we ask the cashiers to hold it so I could go check on another size.  She took the clothes to the checkout counter and I went to the front of the store to look for another pair of shorts.  When I came back up to the counter, she was buying my clothes!  "Surprise!  Happy 1st Mother's Day!"  "Thanks Mom!"  To which she replied, "Now let's go get my gift :)"

Mom wanted a new bundt cake pan (boooondt cake - quick, name the movie!), so we went to Williams-Sonoma, where we sampled virgin (boo) sangria and lemon cupcakes.  They had a pretty nice bundt pan, but my mom felt bad about asking for it since it was a little pricey.  I said we'd go look somewhere else and if we didn't find another one she liked we'd come back for that one.  We did wind up finding another one for much less, but it looked and felt like it should cost much less.  Back to Williams-Sonoma for the pricier, yet much better quality pan.

Mom's night out turned out to be a nice night hanging out and bonding with my mom.  It wasn't what I envisioned when I initially asked DH for a break ... it was better. 

On an unrelated note, I found a booger in Mungee's belly button when I was changing her diaper before her morning nap.  I am not even going to try and figure out how that got there.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails