Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010

Must.Stay.Focu ....

I have blogger ADD.  See, I can't even finish the title of this post.

The scene:
  • My office.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Open Firefox.  Log in to Mungee and Me.  
  • Tell myself I am going to write JUST ONE DAMN POST before I check email or read other blogs.
  • Check to see if I have any new followers.  Ooo, there's ONE!  Go check out their blog.
  • Open Internet Explorer to check Mungee and Me's email (it begins).  Why check email in a different browser?  Because like a fool, I set up this blog under my primary email, which has my name appended to it.  And I have Mungee and Me's email forwarded to this email address, but then if I reply to your email from it, you'll know my REAL NAME and I seek to remain MYSTEEEEERIOUS.
  • See emails from blogs to which I've subscribed.  Posts look interesting.  Go read them.
  • See emails for giveaways.  Spend way too much time on ridiculous entry methods, including visiting another blog to enter their giveaway in order to get an extra entry on original blog's giveaway.
  • See guest posts.  Go read their blogs.
  • See a catchy sidebar button.  Click.  Get redirected to an envy-inducing inspiring craft blog.
  • Spend 10 minutes ruminating over the fact that I start super-cute DIY projects and don't finish them because I'm afraid one wrong move will ruin the whole thing.  Click red X Follow Me button.  Become a fan on Facebook.  Add to my page's favorites.
  • Check my Facebook newsfeed. Look at new photos of friends' babies.  See updates about babies younger than Mungee who are already crawling.  Consider submitting to STFU, Parents. Realize that would be hypocritical.
  • Log in to Twitter.  Check to see if anyone has mentioned me (nope, not so much).  Wonder how anyone can keep up.  Wonder how when someone replies to you, you know WTF they are replying to since the original tweet doesn't show up with their reply.
  •  Look at clock - two hours have now gone by and I haven't even clicked "New Post" on Mungee and Me.
My ADD is also applicable to cleaning/decluttering my house, but that's a post for another day.

So what do you do to stay focused?  Do you have a system for writing blog posts/reading other blogs/commenting/participating in memes, etc?  Or do you just jump around haphazardly like me?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails